Streaming Stutter With New G3100!!
Skinsman

So I upgraded my old Quantum Gateway router over the weekend to the new G3100 router due to spotty WiFi issues. I stream music from Amazon Music HD through Airplay on a Denon receiver in the family room and a Marantz receiver in the basement. Internet does seem faster with the new router however I am now experiencing random pausing and stuttering of the music streams. I’ve tried rebooting the router but it still happens. Is this an issue with this router? This did not happen on the Quantum Gateway, only after I installed this router.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Streaming Stutter With New G3100!!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 It would nice to know more info,

a) like the model of those streaming devices.

b) If you do not want to post that, then it would nice to know if they can connect to the wired network.

#2 Do you still have your older router?

0 Likes
milhans1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have read that there is a known bug in the G3100 with 5G.  I also read that Verizon knows about the bug and is working on a fix.  Anyone else hear about this?

0 Likes
Skinsman

Yes they are a Denon 6200 av receiver and a Marantz SR 7010. Both are pretty similar to each other and use same software. I still have my G1100 router but will return it in a few days.

I don’t have ability to hardwire. They should operate just fine over wireless. This issue is only related to AirPlay as internet radio and pandora streaming  through receiver are fine.

I actually turned off DHCP and set static addresses for both receivers and it seemed to help for a little bit but now it’s happening again.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I were you, i would go back to the older router (G1100).

And I need more wi-fi range, I would convert a router into acting as if it was only a hub/switch/WAP.

As how to, see the directions at

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/12506

While those directions are not for your primary router, it will help you figure it out.

If you have any questions, please ask. But please keep in mind that I do not or ever had FIOS and do/did not ever have/had any FIOS router.

0 Likes