Re: Sub Account Password Reset needed, but can't find any way to do so
DeeBee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm with the original poster on this... 

My daughter forgot her password (email sub-account), and messed up answering her secret question enough times that the system refused to continue.  That's reasonable.

I thought I could change her password from my primary account.   The FAQ seemed to indicate you could do this.  The "edit" function next to sub-account is worthless.

I tried the "Ask Verizon" auto help system.  Searching came up with a specific question "How do I change a sub account password"? and the answer was "subaccount passwords can be changed from the MyVerizon page of the primary account".   This leads you back to the same worthless "edit" subaccount button.

It may be reasonable that the primary account holder can't change the subaccount password on-line and needs to call the help number, but the FAQ and help should indicate that.  FYI, after 30min on waiting for an agent, I did get the subaccount password reset.   Oh, interesting glitch...  the agent said you can't reset your secret question... unless you know the answer to the secret question.   He had to reset that for me (for the subaccount.)

bjregan

I agree with the original poster, as well.  This was a very difficult process to finally get the password reset on my husband's sub-account.  Much searching on the web led to nowhere.  It wasn't until I bit the bullet and played the "wait for an agent" game by calling in that I finally got help.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Ginge43 wrote:

Unfortunately NONE of

For the heck of it, I just tried to reset an email sub account's password with the appropriate links. (The ones at verizon.net and webmail.verizon.net) - BOTH worked just fine.

Perhaps you are confused about how to follow the prompts?

Select "Password"

Click "Continue"

Where it says "Verizon Online Username:" enter the username of the sub account

Click "Continue"

Enter the answer to the sub's Secret Question in the "Enter Your Answer:" field.

Enter your desired new password in the "New Password:" field

Re-enter your new password in the "Re-enter Password:" field

Click "Continue"

Tada! Password reset.

webyourstuff

Sorry. It doesn't.

0 Likes
webyourstuff

I have that problem too. Moreover, I created a new sub account. (THis deleted the old sub account) and no option was given to assign a password.

No initial password was given to me either, and I got no email con firmation.

Having no password (as oppossed to forgetting a password, I tried the password on my main account, and it wasn't recognized.

I have been trying for several days to get thru to the chat help.

I am wondering if the promise of sub accounts is a myth. 😮

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You have to set the initial password in order to create the sub. It's one of the fields you have to fill out. Where exactly are you creating these subs?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

that picture is obnoxiously big.  

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I'm another poor soul who can't find a way to change a sub-account password.   Navigating around the Verizon web site is like trying to navigate around in a maze.

To somegirl and others who have offered suggestions...the problem (as has been stated several times) is that those suggestions only seem to work for the primary account.   When getting to the page to edit a sub-account there is no field or link to change the password.

I'm on hold for tech support now. It's been about 25 minutes.  I'll report back if I have any success. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Log into the website with the sub-account name and current password, then you should be able to edit the password.

Keller, TX 76248

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@Justin wrote:

Log into the website with the sub-account name and current password, then you should be able to edit the password.

BINGO!  Logging in to the sub-account name on verizon.net is the answer.  I (and apparently others) assumed that since the master account created the sub you could control it from the master login. 

The at&t tech support guy I finally got to talk to after 45 minutes told me they do that for privacy reasons...privacy of the sub-account holder.  I told him that's fine but man, they ought to make that information easier to find on their web site.

Thanks Justin.  I hope this helps some others from the same frustration some of the posters here went through.

0 Likes