Re: Sub Account Password Reset needed, but can't find any way to do so
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

Log into the website with the sub-account name and current password, then you should be able to edit the password.

Keller, TX 76248

Here I was assuming that because they wanted to change the password and weren't taking what I consider the obvious route, they must not know it.

The simplest solution is often the best. +1

0 Likes
gt63

So what do you do if your accounts were created before the new combined site and the sub accounts didn't have the secret question and therefore there are no saved answers? How do you reset a password that has been forgotten. I think if the primary account has the ability to create\delete accounts then you should be able to re-set the password for that account. Or at least make it clear on the portal how to reset sub account passwords.

0 Likes
wylieSteve

My primary and sub accounts were all created many years ago.  I had to call tech support and talk to a live agent to do this for my daughter's sub account.  The support rep changed the password and had me log in using the new password.  He then directed me to the "Change Password" link for the sub-account.  I had to again provide the sub-account password (the support rep had to give it to me again) but was able to change the sub-account password.

0 Likes
awrra

the reset password link only applies to the original account NOT to the subaccount, I just tried it and it said that accoutn does not exist.  So I too am with the original post on this one!!!!  WAY too hard to reset or even find the passwords for sub accounts!!!!

0 Likes
MDuser2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also set up my sub-accounts about 5 years ago and lost the passwords. I tried every solution offered in this "thread" to no avail. Finally, I tried the "Chat with a live agent" option under support. This worked great! After only a minute, I was "chatting" with someone who reset my password. After signing in using the new password, I was able to change it to something more recognizable. I also had the opportunity to redo my Secret Question - which I had also forgotten. It's a great feeling.

herbh

I can't access my sub account e mail

0 Likes
marylove1

I have created a sub-account for my wife, Mary {edited for privacy}) but we forgot the password.  How can I reset it so that she can access her mail?

0 Likes
jewels8
Enthusiast - Level 1

In this day of technologies why should I have to talk to Verizon to re-set my sub accounts.  I am divorced and they would not allow me to change my primary email thus I had to create a sub account to let my friends know of my new email, Now I Can Not Access It!!!!  This makes me very mad.

tns
Master - Level 2

@jewels8 wrote:

In this day of technologies why should I have to talk to Verizon to re-set my sub accounts.  I am divorced and they would not allow me to change my primary email thus I had to create a sub account to let my friends know of my new email, Now I Can Not Access It!!!!  This makes me very mad.

Several ways to find the page

or try

https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/MyAccount/Protected/Account/MyAccountProfile.aspx#Subaccounts

i2mfedup

Sadly Verizon has done nothing regarding this for years now. The first post was May 2009 and now in November 2011 I created a sub-account , the password forgotten, and am not able to get or change the password. For those that continue to offer going to manage accounts under your primary account IT DOES NOT WORK! You are NOT given the option of a password change. IF you click on "FORGOT PASSWORD" (and I have done so) it ends up giving you a pin number to reset your primary not your sub-account. Frankly I have a hard enough time creating a sub account with it always telling me the password was missing.

Clearly this is to difficult a problem for Verizon. Might I suggest they hire an 8th grader to solve it for them.

0 Likes