Re: Sub Account Password Reset needed, but can't find any way to do so
dizzylady65

does anyone know how to reset subaccount have tried everything.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@dizzylady65 wrote:

does anyone know how to reset subaccount have tried everything.

What do you get when you try the forgot password link?

0 Likes
reachme20

These people are not **bleep**, it does not work for me either and I have tried many combinations.   I think I have the answer.   The sub account does not have admin privilelges.  I am going to try to enable admin privileges for the sub account from the primary holder account, then try to login as sub account again and change password for it.   

0 Likes
slance66

I've been trying too, with no luck.  My problem is that the password reset link asks me for my e-mail (I enter the sub account e-mail) plus home phone or account number.  When entered, it tells me that they aren't associated with the sub account and I can go no further.  I can't begin the process, because it does not work for sub-accounts.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

OK, you guys must be seeing something different than I am.

• I go to: http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/ and click on: Forgot Your Password?
  • This brings me to a prompt: "Please tell us what you forgot." I select Password and click the Continue button.
  • Next page says "So that we may access your account, enter your Verizon Online User Name and select the Continue button." - I enter the username for my sub and click Continue.
  • I am then prompted to answer my Secret Question and set a new password.

Does this somehow work differently for everyone else?

Yoshiko1
That particular link works as you say, though many others work where it asks you for your phone # and doesn't associate it with the sub-account, as a previous poster has stated. Though I personally have a problem with the secret question. It's asking a question I would not have set up, and I can't get beyond it. I think that is because its an old account that was transferred into this new system. (One of) the old system(s) had it where you could edit the passwords from the admin account, it is annoying that you can't anymore.
0 Likes
DaveK21
Enthusiast - Level 2

The point is not that you could log out of the primary account and try to log into a subaccount, but that there is a "manage subaccount" page that does not let you manage subaccounts.  When you are logged into the primary account, you should be able to reset the subaccount passwords.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@DaveK2 wrote:

The point is not that you could log out of the primary account and try to log into a subaccount, but that there is a "manage subaccount" page that does not let you manage subaccounts.  When you are logged into the primary account, you should be able to reset the subaccount passwords.

That page use to allow you to change the password, but some genius decided it wasn't necessary and removed the ability.  So now you can only change it, as some others have described, from the sub account.

Vinpool

I feel your pain.  I have been chasing the same issue around the site for 2 days.  It certainly lacks true account management, edit does nothing but to force you to provide or change more information they want, without giving any account "management" functionality.

0 Likes
jerseyfemale

The link is all over the place, yes, BUT every time I try to use it, it wants to change the password on my PRIMARY account.  

I enter the subaccount name and click on reset passwork and it does it to my PRIMARY.  I'm sick of trying to do this.

0 Likes