Re: Sub Account Password Reset needed, but can't find any way to do so
soveryirritated

Agreed!  Read through all posts from 2009 hoping to "help myself" and make a simple password change to a sub account.   I think one of the posts hit it when they said you have to have admin rights.  Got them- still no luck changing my sub account password.   I made itall the way to the secret question and tried both earthly possibilities to the simple question.  After an hour of this, I'm done.  I'll have to contact a service rep in the morning- who has time for this? 😞

0 Likes
Papoon4Prez

Must concur with those who say it could be done better (or in my case, could be done at all) online.  I don't have phone service from Verizon and my account number is (inexplicably) never recognized when I seek support. So online attempts to reset the password failed.  No possible answer to the Secret Question they had on file worked, so the subaccount is now locked out.  Just spent 26 minutes on the phone with customer support (friendly guy who helped as much as he could) and that ended with yet another phone number I get to call between 8 and 5 M-F to deal with my issue.  You wouldn't think it would be so hard to reset the password of an email account for a minor child, would you?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Papoon4Prez wrote:

Must concur with those who say it could be done better (or in my case, could be done at all) online.  I don't have phone service from Verizon and my account number is (inexplicably) never recognized when I seek support. So online attempts to reset the password failed.  No possible answer to the Secret Question they had on file worked, so the subaccount is now locked out.  Just spent 26 minutes on the phone with customer support (friendly guy who helped as much as he could) and that ended with yet another phone number I get to call between 8 and 5 M-F to deal with my issue.  You wouldn't think it would be so hard to reset the password of an email account for a minor child, would you?

Tech support can reset your Password and Secret Question/Answer directly through their tools. There's no reason your sub account should be locked out in a way thatTech Support can't fix.

0 Likes
beransom

You are right, logged in under the main email account you cannot change the sub account passwords BUT log in with the sub account ID and you can.  You can also use the forgot passowrd option when trying to login with the sub accoutn ID.

0 Likes
WonderingInVA

There are more than two years worth of postings on this subject. Clearly, it's not a new issue.

Does Verizon not monitor its own customer-service-related message boards?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@WonderingInVA wrote:

There are more than two years worth of postings on this subject. Clearly, it's not a new issue.

Does Verizon not monitor its own customer-service-related message boards?

Considering that this post has been answered several times over, what exactly should they be monitoring in this thread?

Also, This is a peer-to-peer support forum. Says so right on the front page.

Ron_L

I believe the issue that isn't being addressed is that the MASTER account owner does not have administrative rights over any of the email sub-accounts that are created.

Why give the ability to create them if you are not going to allow them to be administered from the Master account? When I first started on FIOS, this was not the case.

Who would be the best contact to get a official response for this dilemma?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Ron_L wrote:

I believe the issue that isn't being addressed is that the MASTER account owner does not have administrative rights over any of the email sub-accounts that are created.

Why give the ability to create them if you are not going to allow them to be administered from the Master account? When I first started on FIOS, this was not the case.

Who would be the best contact to get a official response for this dilemma?

The master account has the administrative right to create and delete the subs. They have their own individual passwords, but you can change them as long as you remember what password you created the account with. You can also set a Secret question/answer that you will remember. If you really need to reset the sub's passowrd and don't know the current pass or the secret question/answer, you can call tech support and they will reset it for you.

I don't think Verizon views this as a "dilemma" at all, but if you want an "official" response then you will need to contact them.

spamhater1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's true, all these links only apply to the main account, not the sub-account. When I went in to manage my sub-account, I was able to give it administrative rights and correct the spelling of the person's name but that is all.

0 Likes
mcho74

I was just now having the same problem.  I wanted to change my sub account passwords and couldn't find a way to do it from my main account.  It turns out that you need to log into each sub account separately to change the password for each one.  If you don't remember the original password for the sub account, that's where you'll find the link for forgotten passwords, etc.  Fortunately, you ended up remembering yours.  But if you decide to change them - that's how.

0 Likes