Sub -account not getting all emails.
Chooch55
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have a sub-account that my wife uses and she doesn't always get all her emails. We know this because occasionally someone will respond to all and she will get the response, but never received the original. I have never experienced this problem with my account, but would never really know if I wasn't receiveing any emails. She doesn't have any block and God knows she gets enough spam.

Does anyone have anywhere to start? She uses Outlook Express to download all of her emails, and that is the only way she gets them, she doesn't read some online and some with Express.

Thanks

Chooch55

0 Likes
Re: Sub -account not getting all emails.
kevinb
Contributor - Level 2

Here's a possibility :

Spam errors when attempting to receive:

There's 2 ways Verizon can block incoming messages as spam, either using known spam blacklists (including their own) or by using SpamDetector. If incoming messages are being blocked by the first option, the sender will receive a bounceback referring him/her to http://www.verizon.net/whitelist .

If the sender is not receiving any bounceback message, but you are still not receiving email from him/her, then it is getting flagged by SpamDetector. This can be disabled from "My Account" or "Account Tools", or you can add the e-mail address / domain in question to your safe list ("My Settings" > "Mail" > "Blocking" in webmail inbox) in order to bypass this filter. Also, make sure that e-mails detected as spam are being saved and not auto-deleted - this is done through a setting under "General" in the mail settings.

Tektronic
Enthusiast - Level 3
the first thing you want to do is verify in the account options at the verizon website that there is no blocks at all. 95 percent of the time there is even when a customer is sure that there is not. Its best to start from square 1 then work ur way back. If there is no blocks then try sending from the webpage. if that doesnt work let me know
Chooch55
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you both for posting.

The second box in the blocking tab was selected (Delete the email from those in the Block Senders List.), although there were only two addresses in the block senders list. I changed that option to do not use Block Senders List. There were no filters.

Spam detector was off.

What did you mean by try sending from the webpage?

We'll see if these changes work. Obviously we won't know until she misses something, but now it won't delete the blocked emails.

Thanks again,

Chooch

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

just make sure that a Domain isn't blocked and just block the email address.....sometimes you may click the wrong one and thus unable to get any emails.

the account is able to send and receive now with no problems

0 Likes
Tektronic
Enthusiast - Level 3

well if some domains were blocked thats a really good sign. What I was referring to was try sending a test email to your wifes friend and calling her to see if she got it and vice versa (reason being is your isolating from outlook to a verizon server issue), If you get tthe email and her friend gets the email then most likely your problem is solved. I wouldnt worry too much given the information you provided. 🙂

0 Likes