Success with 150+/ Verizon Packages in the DC Metro area?
fenix1792
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone had any luck getting a 150+ package in the DC metro area?

I just went through 3 days of pain trying to upgrade my 75/75 to 150/150 and finally had to cancel the order.  Now I'm waiting to see how bad my billing gets screwed up.

Tuesday I had the ONT port switched to copper/Router to copper.  Still get 75/75 (85/85 really) download speeds.  Onsite tech said it wasn't turned on to 150 yet, and give it an hour and left.  Nice guy, left his personal number and such if I needed help.  My Services still showed 75/75 online.  That made sense with what Herb told me.

Tuesday night phone support they said it would speed up at 10pm when the billing system updated to 150/150.  Ok no big deal.

Wednesday it didn't update in My Services, nor did my speeds improve.  Networking support all say that I'm fully setup at 150, verified.  Told me wait 24 hours for billing to catch up.  My Services section of Verizon.com said I was still at 75/75 by the end of the night.

The Wednesday support guys insisted I run the optimizer tool on my system, which ended up breaking my Direct Access connectivity for work and screwing me for about 2 hours while I figured out what it broke.  (sidenote:  run "netsh interface tcp reset" to un-screw what it does).  I had to uncable half my house to prove that gigabit directly off the router still showed the same speeds.  (i have cisco grade networking equipment throughout my home that they can't trust, understandable for troubleshooting, no complaints there).

Today, it now says I have 150/150 AND 75/75 in My Services.  And now they want to send another tech to my house on Sunday. 

I gave up and just canceled the order and went back to my 75/75.  I'm thinking they just can't handle it in my neighborhood, or that reminiscence of 75/75 still in my account was messing something up.  Either way, too tired to keep trying. 

To make things even worse, the automated phone system kept calling me trying to verify the system was fixed.  Press 1 to close the ticket, press 2 to talk to technicians again.  I naturally pressed 2 everytime it called so that they wouldn't ignore the problem and close my ticket. This happened 3-4 times a day throughout the whole process, starting around 830am or so, and stopping around 6-7pm i think.

Anyways, just curious if anyone actually got this working.

-Jim

0 Likes