Re: Sudden slowdown in connection speed
Adrienne_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have not heard from you and would like to reach out to you to see if you are still experiencing an issue. We will be glad to assist you if the issue is not resolved.

Thank You,

0 Likes
klownicle

I can say as of 2 days ago my issue has resolved.  Tracert's are back to normal and my speed is now where I have come to expect after 5 years of excellent service.  So one issue out of 5 years isn't too bad 😛

I never bothered to call in about the issue as I had mentioned it would have been out of verizon control.

0 Likes
Sadge
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does appear as though the issue has been resolved for me as well.  The last couple of nights my speedtests have all been within normal range.

0 Likes
sjo11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Things are definitely better than a month ago but there still a continuity  problem,signal is still jumpy and intermittent?When using both wired and wireless I get a good number one minute but the next test  it falls off to 3-7 mbps?(it's seems worse when the test uses servers from around the New"Yawk" area)

Thanks again to everyone working on the problem!

SJO

0 Likes
Ton2

mine too, corona ,ny ,11368

0 Likes
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

My whole connection pretty much took a dive today , S.Calif 92584 (and yes , I did above and beyond the usual tests and hardware checks) .  I could not even reach this forums earlier , but my connection is still way off base as we speak . I did pings and tracert earler with complete packet loss . Now my upload has improved since earlier but is still not up to snuff and my download is still almost non exsistant (1Mb to 4.1 mbps) ; a far cry from the 50/35 .

Right now I cant even download a full set of Nvidia drivers (100mb+) without it taking almost 40 minutes (usually done in about 14+ secs) !!!

Btw , the is all hardwired speeds , no Wifi at all with the newer Gig E router . (also tested with my own gig router)

Not sure whats going on here , but I did notice my IP changed back to 173. vs previous 8.x or 9.x that had been run for the last few weeks . In the past years my IP was  around the 173.

I going to do a complete shut down all night on the router and see what happens in the morning .

0 Likes
pingram35411
Took a dive today as well, 92562 - 50/35 as well. Rebooted ONT, router, etc. Tech support is a waste of time, I don't even think most of them even know the basics if networking. Using my mobile phone because I can't even log in to this site due to time outs...same thing, every once in a rare while I get advertised speeds...and I do mean RARE! Upload speed is typically above 30mbps but sometimes low as well, download is 99% less than 0.3mbps!!!
0 Likes
pingram35411

After painstakingly slow speeds all day I finally walked away, got something to eat, watched some tv and came back and decided to run another test before turning in for the evening...

Hope it stays so I can get some work done tomorrow...would really like to know what was/is going on though...

0 Likes
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok , this moring I "thought" things were ok , but they are not . Speed test shows ok ( does not mean much really) ; but Iam still getting "HTTP 404 not found" on 3/4 of my web pages . Ive done pings and tracerts again with 50-75% of them doing timeout's . I can barely get anywhere online still , including THIS forum (took 10-15 triies to get into the verizon forums) .

My bill for FIOS is due in  about 8 days , hope they fix this crap or they may  just have to wait for payment . 😛

0 Likes
New 25/50 Internet Service giving me 1.2/2.8 even after running optimizer
SilverBay
Upgraded to the new service only to watch my e-mail and Internet return to dial-up speeds. Ran optimizer and no change. Any one else enjoying this "increased" Internet offering from Verizon?
0 Likes