Suddenly unable to access my home network remotely (Foscam cameras)
axtx

So I had my system all running perfectly to use Foscam cameras for remote monitoring.  I configured port forwarding, etc. . and it was all working perfectly from outside my home.  I could either bring up a webcam or go directly into my router if needed from outside of my home network.

Suddenly (today), it doesn't work.  If I type the IP address of my home network into my phone for instance (not on the network) it hesitates then gives me a 502 error.  Same story if I use the dyndns name that used to work.  The only thing that happened was a power outage (less than 10 seconds) over the weekend.  This would have restarted the router but I don't think there were any settings that I configured to let me remotely access it.  I should be able to go to whatsmyip.org and get my IP address and then come in (as I have always been able).

So. . .did verizion start blocking my ability to see the router?  is there a setting I need to reset?  Note that I have already tried resetting the router again as well as turning down the actiontec firewall, etc.

thanks

Adam

0 Likes
Re: Suddenly unable to access my home network remotely (Foscam cameras)
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the IP address of the router changed when the power went out.  Did you make sure dyndns is working and updated the dns name?

0 Likes