Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Super slow down speeds after 6 pm

Thomasf479
Contributor
Contributor

Super slow down speeds after 6 pm

Message 1 of 8
(1,261 Views)
This problem began 3 months ago. Techs have been out, I've spent hours on the phone.... No improvement. Tonight my download speeds were 1.67.mbps on a 75/75 service. The best Verizon can do for me is a $40 credit when they are delivering 10% of what I'm paying for (not to mention the value of my time). I looked online and there are MANY in VA complaining of the exact same thing (slow down speeds after 6pm). VERY DISPLEASED 15 yr customers!!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Super slow down speeds after 6 pm

Message 2 of 8
(1,242 Views)

file a complaint with the FCC, a bunch of us from dslreports have already done so

Ken_Cal
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 8
(1,178 Views)

Same problem here in Southern California.  Numerous calls to tech support and a tech was finally dispatched to my house.  Was told nothing they can do, since it is an unknown network problem that has impacted not only the city I live in, but has spread to surrounding areas as well.   Verizon seems to be taking the PR approach of deny it all to its customers when they apparently are fully aware of this problem.  I was told there is no estimate to actually get this resolved.  Since this is obviously a company that feels dishonesty is the best policy, I'm looking elsewhere for services.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 8
(1,164 Views)

thomas, i'm in new york and the traceroute leads me to 2nd hop that happens to be located in VA and everyone is reporting issues revolving around that node.

OrgName: Verizon Online LLC
OrgId: VRIS
Address: 22001 Loudoun County Parkway
City: Ashburn
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20147
RegDate:
Updated: 2010-08-17
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/VRIS

VT_NT_MD
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 8
(1,079 Views)

We have had the same issue for about 5 months. Tonight my down/up speeds were about 3/60 mbps on a FIOS 50/50 service. Got to chat with the tech support, went through all the steps: reset the router, tried to fix download speed using Verizon website “Network Diagnostic Tool”, they rebooted the Verizon main box from their side, nothing worked out. Our friends currently have no such issues with Comcast.

VERY DISAPOINTED TOO!

sumarlidason
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 8
(1,068 Views)

Rockville here,

3 Mbps downrate on 50/50 service. Spent hour chatting doing silly things. Spoke to floor manager; verizon insists there is no problem with their network. quick to assume user error. geez.

Hope they fix this, its very inconvenient - and - disappointing.

PS

they didnt offer me a discount -- i'll be asking for one now.

osnv
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 8
(1,044 Views)

Same here in MD. response from Verizon - "have you reset your router?" Complete inability by Verizon to think since the horrible packet loss on Verizon nodes is beyond my CO. If not fixed, will file a complaint with FCC and FTC.

Treeeater
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 8 of 8
(1,023 Views)

Same here in Falls Church VA. Chatted with rep. and was told to use a wired connection/reset the router. Joke.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.