Suspending Service
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that we are retired, we will probably only be at our home in NJ (which has Fios internet, cable and digital phone) for the summer months and Thanksgiving through New Years (say, 4 months a year).  We would like to arrange to suspend our Verizon services while we are away for a month or more.  Has anyone out there done this?  How is it working out for you?

Some questions:

What is the fee?

I understand there is a one month minimum.  If we think we will be gone say 2 months but end up returning in 1 1/2 months, would getting our cable, internet and phone working again be a problem?  Could we call before heading back to NJ and expect to have everything back working when we arrive?

0 Likes
Re: Suspending Service
VZ_Lori
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello TEM3,

Verizon offers Seasonal Service Suspension to customers who will be away from their homes for an extended period of time.To qualify you must suspend your FiOS  services for at least one month but not more than nine months.

There is a fee charged to temporarily suspend your FiOS services. To suspend your FiOS TV service for an extended timeframe and find fee information, contact us at 1-888-553-1555 for further assistance. 

When you plan on returning contact us with the date  and will restore the FiOS services on the date given.

I hope this helps. Thanks for reaching out.

TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it true that we would loose any bundled saving plan we were on once we suspend and have to re-subscribe at whatever the going rate is?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I've not had any personal experience with that but my neighbor did say that after a vacation suspension, they did have to sign a new bundle upon restoral.

0 Likes
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are about 6 months into a two year agrement with the fios cable, internet and digital phone.  Wonder if our monthly would significantly increase and if we might have to pay a penalty for ending the bundle agreement early??

0 Likes