Swap Quantum Gateway and network extender coax connections
jimbealde
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 3 coax connections in my house with a Quantum Router, HD STB and a network extender.  Is there any reason I can't just swap the router and extender on the connectors?  I want to move an ethernet attached computer and don't want to run it on wifi.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Swap Quantum Gateway and network extender coax connections
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

On your router, do you have only a Coax connected from the Verizon ONT (not your computer) -or- do you have both an ethernet cable AND a Coax?

If you have only Coax, then as previously said, you can simply swap the two devices.

If you have both Coax and Ethernet, then in order to swap, you need to also move the Ethernet cable so that it remains with the router.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as your connection to the router is on MoCA then yes you should be able to swap them. Your extender doesn’t have an ethernet port?

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

On your router, do you have only a Coax connected from the Verizon ONT (not your computer) -or- do you have both an ethernet cable AND a Coax?

If you have only Coax, then as previously said, you can simply swap the two devices.

If you have both Coax and Ethernet, then in order to swap, you need to also move the Ethernet cable so that it remains with the router.

jimbealde
Enthusiast - Level 2

DUH!! ON ME.  Yes, the extender does have 2 Ethernet ports, so it is as simple as moving the computer and attaching it.   Thnaks. 

0 Likes
jimbealde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the router does have both coax and Ethernet, but the Ethernet is to the PC.  That will obviously move with the PC.  Another member woke me up:  The extender has Ethernet ports!!!!

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No problem. Glad it’s working.