Switch Account

Swap Quantum Gateway and network extender coax connections

Swap Quantum Gateway and network extender coax connections

SOLVED
Copper Contributor jimbealde
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(651 Views)

I have 3 coax connections in my house with a Quantum Router, HD STB and a network extender.  Is there any reason I can't just swap the router and extender on the connectors?  I want to move an ethernet attached computer and don't want to run it on wifi.  

5 REPLIES 5
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 2 of 6
(638 Views)

As long as your connection to the router is on MoCA then yes you should be able to swap them. Your extender doesn’t have an ethernet port?

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 6
(549 Views)

On your router, do you have only a Coax connected from the Verizon ONT (not your computer) -or- do you have both an ethernet cable AND a Coax?

If you have only Coax, then as previously said, you can simply swap the two devices.

If you have both Coax and Ethernet, then in order to swap, you need to also move the Ethernet cable so that it remains with the router.

Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 6
(474 Views)

DUH!! ON ME.  Yes, the extender does have 2 Ethernet ports, so it is as simple as moving the computer and attaching it.   Thnaks. 

Copper Contributor
Message 5 of 6
(469 Views)

Yes, the router does have both coax and Ethernet, but the Ethernet is to the PC.  That will obviously move with the PC.  Another member woke me up:  The extender has Ethernet ports!!!!

Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 6 of 6
(465 Views)

No problem. Glad it’s working. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.