Switched to 35/35 FIOS plan, but still getting only 25/15
Dave_M
Ok, so today my new Bundle activated, but my internet speeds are exactly the same as before. I should be getting bumped up from 25/15 to 35/35 but its not happening. I know my bundle was switch because I get EPIX now, whereas before I didnt have it. So, the TV portion is active, but there is no increase in internet speed. I ran that FIOS optimizer tool but that didnt help at all. Anyone got any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Switched to 35/35 FIOS plan, but still getting only 25/15
sgip2000

You could try rebooting the ONT by pulling the power and then reconnecting it.

0 Likes
Dave_M
Ya, but if I unplug it, doesnt it have the backup battery to fall back on?
0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dave_M wrote:
Ya, but if I unplug it, doesnt it have the backup battery to fall back on?

Disconnect the battery first, they are only push on spade clips

0 Likes
Dave_M
Ok, so I rebooted the router again and tried a wired connect from my computer to the router and NOW I am get around 35/30 or so. So, I switched back to wireless and only get 25/15 again. I assume this means its a limitation of my wireless card or the Verizon router?
0 Likes
thesuperstar

I just switched to 35/35 too. My Visat PC gets 33Down, 38Up. But my Windows 7 PC gets 34Down and 3up. Windows 7 is not FIOS friendly.

This is after spending 2hrs on the phone with tech. Supposely, I will get a call back when Verizon has a solution.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

there was another user on here with windows 7 and he put the drivers to default, and then ran the verizon optimizer and that fixed the upload.

http://www.verizon.net/optimize

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Drop-in-Upload-Speed/td-p/150103    this is the forum thread where the guy with the windows 7 resolved his issue.,   it apparently was with his pc and the settings on it.

0 Likes