Switching and Billing
REMST19

Overall, I love FIOS.  But Billing and pricing is horrible!  When they first came to my are 8+ years ago, I switched from *.  We were so happy, but rates were always higher.  About 1.5 to 2 years ago * came to my door and offered EXACTLY as I had with FIOS(same internet speed, 2 DVRS(Same capacity), same channels) for $80/month less.  I switched, but only after FIOS told me they would not match that price, most they would do is give me $10 off per month.  Switching was horrible though!  * messed up my phone service in that I could not get local calls.  Fast forward a little over a year ago.  FIOS sales person comes to my door.  Makes offer getting me back which would be $20 more than I was paying at time with Comcast.  Here is where the problem started.  Salesperson had "issues" entering my order for the price I was told by him.  He assured me it would be rectified and would call me the next day telling me it was.  He did call and told me it was taken care of.  First bill, I did not see it, second bill still did not see it.  I called.  Got run around with FIOS that they had no record of price I was told.  They gave me $50 off for 6 months.  I stil felt "robbed".  I was not given the price told, nor was I treated like a new customer as I did not get the gift cards typically given out.  In fact salesperson told me because I was getting this "special rate" I was not eligible for gift card.  However, this actual rate, not the one he actually told me, is the one anyone signing up would have got, except they get the gift card.  I verified this online.  Last holiday season I got an offer from Verizon which was to save me $50/month and include the movie package I had, it was the same package I had, but for less money.  It was a Quantum Package.  I had to fight that with them as the offer said you would get free movie package, yet calling them they said no.  Again, they did give me a credit for 1 year of $20. 

It just seems Verizon is always offering great prices on new customers, but existing customers have to pull teeth to get deals.  I was just told to "keep calling" to find out what promotions I can switch to, by switching my contract or changing.  This process is frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Switching and Billing
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

For whatever it's worth (which is not much), I share your frustration.  I too could get the same services from our local cable company at a significantly lower price.

However, it's worth mentioning that the competition, our local cable company, does the same thing Verizon does once they have you hooked.  The bargain price expires when your initial agreement expires and they don't offer nearly as good a deal if you renew.

It would seem that the only work-around would be to switch back and forth between providers every two years.  I toy with that idea but haven't jumped into that quicksand pit yet.

P.S.

One of the frustrations in the situation we're talking about here is I frequently receive advertisements from Verizon for low priced deals in the U.S. mail.  So they're spending lots of money printing and mailing those ads to me when they ought to know I'm not eligible for them.

P.P.S.

I probably should add that I am very satisfied with the phone/TV/Internet service I get from Verizon.  I just would be a happier camper if a long time customer could get the same deal on packages that a new customer can get.

0 Likes