Switching back to Webmail from yahoo
JerseyGirl856
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a new subscriber to the Verizon FiOS and somehow managed to select to use Yahoo to access my email. I cannot get Yahoo to take my sign in (and yes...I have double and triple checked to make sure I am entering it correctly Smiley Happy I'd like to access my mail through the webmail. How can I switch it back? Is it possible?   Thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching back to Webmail from yahoo
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You can try switching to AOL by going to verizon.net/getaolnow - This will pull your account back to Verizon's servers and you will be able to log in normally at all Verizon sites. You can choose at the end of the install whether or not to install the AOL software on your computer. You do not have to use the software if you do not want to.

HOWEVER: Once you migrate to Yahoo, all of your content (mail, contacts, etc.) is stored on Yahoo's servers. When you them move away from Yahoo, that content does not migrate back with you. Any data you have on your account right now will be lost.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You can try switching to AOL by going to verizon.net/getaolnow - This will pull your account back to Verizon's servers and you will be able to log in normally at all Verizon sites. You can choose at the end of the install whether or not to install the AOL software on your computer. You do not have to use the software if you do not want to.

HOWEVER: Once you migrate to Yahoo, all of your content (mail, contacts, etc.) is stored on Yahoo's servers. When you them move away from Yahoo, that content does not migrate back with you. Any data you have on your account right now will be lost.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you not just enter netmail.verizon.net in your browser and get there?

I always found it easier to forward the mail to outlook or outlook express or live mail on the local pc rather than messing around in a browser.  You can then set the rules on the local mail client to delete from the original mail box when you delete permanently or after a specified period.

This way you can then access the mail on your pc or if on a different pc still go and access via webmail

You could also request Yahoo to reset you account.

JerseyGirl856
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks..I plan on using Outlook for my mail eventually but right now we are in the process of moving..hubby is there already and has the hardware for our Verizon, and I am still at our old location using our desktop and hardware with our old provider...I want to be able to receive and send from the new email address as well as our old ones for now so that is why I need the webmail at this point. I really don't have anything on the server I don't think so not worried about losing anything by switching it back to webmail.   I will try the AOL route and see what happens. We are using ATT here at our old residence and that uses Yahoo as its server....maybe tht is why I am having problems with the Verizon working on it...I don't know. Everytime I try to log in with my verizon address and password, it tells me that  the ID is not taken and that I can sign up if I want to. As soon as I get time to try the AOL..I will be back to hopefully close this out as resolved 🙂

Thanks again!!

0 Likes
JerseyGirl856
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to let y'all know that switching to the aol (without downloading it) worked! I can now access and send my Verizon mail from the webmail...Thank you so very much!!

0 Likes
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

if u anything stored with verizon|yahoo, u can call tech support and get it transfered to verizon|aol. we provide that service. 🙂

and once u select yahoo, u must give some time bcoz yahoo has to migrate over ur details from verizon.

0 Likes
JerseyGirl856
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I didn't have anything stored on there yet but it is good to know that I could have gotten anything back Smiley Happy  I used yahoo for my old provider and really didn't like it much. I access it through Thunderbird at home, but when I am at work I would use the Yahoo interface. It was OK, but didn't suit me. I didn't know that it took a while to set up. When I set it up for my ATT mail, I could access it right away. Thanks so much for letting me know!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@abhi_col wrote:

if u anything stored with verizon|yahoo, u can call tech support and get it transfered to verizon|aol. we provide that service. 🙂

and once u select yahoo, u must give some time bcoz yahoo has to migrate over ur details from verizon.

Can you please explain the process for having content transferred from Yahoo's servers back to Verizon's servers?

abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

using trueswitch.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@abhi_col wrote:

using trueswitch.

I understand now. Once the content is transferred to a free yahoo.com account it can be moved back to Verizon with Trueswitch. That makes sense.

0 Likes