Switching providers
Demented_Clown

My parents are interested in switching from our current cable provider to FiOS .

The primary reason for wanting to switch is due to intermittent service issues with the current provider. The issue is months old with no resolution.

1. They send a tech out

2. Tech goes up the pole to check the outside connections. OK

3. Modem and Router reset

4. Ocasionally tech swaps out provider equipment.

They dont even want to look at the condition of the indoor connections., and TBH that's likely where the issue lies.. I've watched the 2 prep videos that explain how to prepare for the appointment and what happens when the installer comes out. I guess my question is will an installer assess the home install and say whehter or not it's too much work before my parents put any money out for service?

I only ask because this is a really old homeand the coax is jacked to begin with.

0 Likes
Re: Switching providers
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usually Verizon will replace the bad Coax they need use at the time of install. MoCa is sensitive moreso than TV to bad signal.

0 Likes
Re: Switching providers
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If they need new coax run it will cost your parents about $70 per room to replace the coax. They may not need new coax let the installer test the line with a RF meter to determine if the coax is failing.

0 Likes