Switching to FIOS quantum - Wondering if I can use my current router?
rillaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I previously had FIOS but was unable to use my router at the time(night hawk x3) and verizon told me the samething that I wasn't able to use it due to their coding. However, currently FIOS is giving me a better deal and Informed the sales rep who helped me about my router. They stated that FIOS quantum would work with my current router - So seeing as I'm not the only one who's probably going through this or has asked this before I figured the community would be able to help me.

My router currently is Linksys EA9500 which was recently released and is a HELL OF A BEAST! so you see why I would rather use my router. If I can not use my router, I'll probably cancel the switch.

https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Max-Stream-MU-MIMO-Tri-Band-EA9500/dp/B017NT8Q24 ( < - router)

0 Likes
Re: Switching to FIOS quantum - Wondering if I can use my current router?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you getting TV service and will use FiOS stb?

If not, then you can definitely use your own router.

If you are using their stb, it is possible, but you need a way to feed internet to stbs via coax and open the appropriate ports to support their needs.

rillaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Gotcha, thanks. Yes, I will be getting TV with it. If I wasn't then it seemed simple lol

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rillaz wrote:

Gotcha, thanks. Yes, I will be getting TV with it. If I wasn't then it seemed simple lol

Simple even if you do have tv.  Maybe not so simple if you have dvr.

0 Likes
rillaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, I'm having a DVR coming too I believe.

0 Likes