Syncing Verizon with Outlook 2007
zguy

I am running Vista and Outlook 2007.  When I reboot the computer, open Outlook and hit "Send and Receive" it will pull my email down from Verizon's Pop3.  BUT...it will only pull it down ONE TIME.  When I try the "test connection" it says it cannot connect with Verizon's server.  If I reboot, I can download msgs again.....for ONE TIME. 

HELP!  What is going on here?

0 Likes
Re: Syncing Verizon with Outlook 2007
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

The following walk through will cover how to edit and configure an existing e-mail account in Outlook 2007.
From the top navigation menu, click Tools, then select Accounts. 

The Account Settings popup window is displayed.
In order to make changes to an existing account, highlight the account you want to edit, then click the Change button.

The Change Email Account popup window is displayed.
Each e-mail account has an identity, which is the information that identifies you to others when they receive your messages.
The name you enter will appear in the 'From' field of your outgoing messages. The e-mail address you enter will be the address others will use to send e-mail to you.
For Verizon customers, the e-mail address should be 'username@verizon.net'.
Refer to your account information and verify all your current information on this screen, making any necessary changes.
Remember, your server names for Verizon mail should be:
Incoming mail server:
incoming.verizon.net
Outgoing mail server (SMTP):
outgoing.verizon.net
For Yahoo/Verizon mail:
Incoming mail server:
incoming.yahoo.verizon.net
Outgoing mail server (SMTP):
outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net
Verizon requires outgoing authentication, and your e-mail account will not work properly unless more settings are configured.
Click the More Settings button.
The Internet E-mail Settings popup window is displayed.  You must configure the outgoing server for authentication.
Click the Outgoing Server tab.
Verify that the checkbox for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked.
Also verify that the option Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
Click OK when you are finished.
To ensure that your changes are configured properly, you should test your account settings.
Click the Test Account Settings button.
The Test Account Settings popup window is displayed.
If your settings are working properly, the 'Congratulations' message will be displayed.
Click Close when you are finished
Your account has been edited.
Click Next to continue.Your changes have been saved.
Click Finish to close the window
0 Likes
zguy

After rechecking all of the suggested instructions, it still will not RECEIVE messages from Verizon.

0 Likes
NielsBohr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Could it be a firewall? It's odd that it only works right after you reboot your machine.  Is it possible that you're syncing Outlook before your anti-virus/firewall has started and after it's started then the mail sync no longer works?

What happens if you reboot, then wait 10 min before retrieving your mail?

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Yes it could be a firewall.  Which antivirus/firewall are you using? have you shut all down and tried?

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Does it timeout? Does it give a specific error upon failing to recieve?

0 Likes