'System Security' Malware help, please! Installed Verizon security suite, now it's back again.
JunglistJunkie

We received the System Security malware on our computer.  We thought we removed it completely because initially the malware prevented the Verizon security suite from running.

After we deleted the virus and the program attached, we were able to install the Verizon Internet Security suite. Lo and behold, two hours later (after a successful complete scan) the malware was back with NO warning from Verizon Security Suite.

Can someone please tell me how to remove this malicious program and also why the security suite gave no warning before it re-attached itself to our computer?

Any help is greatly appreciated, as our laptop is heavily used and we do not have the money or the time to have it completely wiped clean.

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Re: 'System Security' Malware help, please! Installed Verizon security suite, now it's back again.
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
That one is a bear to get rid of. The reason the VISS didnt warn you is that you likely didnt get it off the computer to begin with. I tried for the better part of two weeks trying to get it off my computer. Everytime I thought I got rid of it, it would come back. I've been told that there is a trojan somewhere on the computer that actually infects the antivirus as the AV is being installed in order to hide from AV scans. I fianally had to give up and wipe the computer. After the wipe and reload of the AV I have not had any further problems and the one time it did try to come back the AV found it before it installed and I was able to prevent it from entering again. Your situation sounds similar. Hopefully someone here will have a way to get rid of that, but I was never able to find it.
0 Likes
Re: 'System Security' Malware help, please! Installed Verizon security suite, now it's back again.
i_like_turtles
Contributor - Level 1

its really dependant on what type of malware is installed.

if u can get the exact name of it ... it should be something like name.malware .. something like that

do a google for "remove name.malware " or whatever the name of it is, and chances are the first 3 responses will be how to remove it

keep in mind that ABSOLUTELY NO VIRUS PROTECTION ON EARTH EVER , can protect you from every single virus/malware ... things change too fast for everythign to keep up 100% of the time