Re: TRYING TO REGISTER FOR WI FI FROM Ipad
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

update today 7-9-2013

WHAT YOU SEE BELOW IS FROM A FORUM LINK WHICH WAS POSTED A WHILE BACK AND WHICH I INTERACTED WITH TODAY

http://wyang0.blogspot.com/2012/01/verizon-wi-fi-for-all-devices-mac-linux.html?showComment=13733853...

Was finally able to obtain my VZ WiFi registration ID and password Using my Windows XP Professional SP3

THEN I asked VZ Tech to give me a STEP by STEP

procedure on how to use this info with Boingo.

VZ quote " your Procedure BELOW is not possible. Our WiFi Id and Password only works with Windows laptop and Boingo.

The second piece of good news is arguably the bigger one of the two. When you go to get set up Verizon Wi-Fi, you will be asked to create a username and password to use with the service. You are then asked to download the software. However, you don't actually need the software, although it makes the Wi-Fi much easier to use on Windows. For all other platforms, you can simply use Boingo's web login page. Yes, that's right. Remember that username and password you created? After you connect to the Boingo wireless network and get to the Boingo splash page in your browser, click on the dropdown that says "Roaming Login". Choose "Verizon Business" and enter the username and password that you set up earlier. You need to include "@verizon.net" as part of the username. This means that any device with a web browser can now use "Verizon Wi-Fi" where there is a Boingo hotspot!

Have you done it with an iPad ?

Can you give me a list of URL's that you follow to accomplish this procedure

QUESTION FOR VZ WIFI TECH SUPPORT.....IS W YANG WRONG ?

0 Likes
Re: TRYING TO REGISTER FOR WI FI FROM Ipad
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Tom,

If you have any other issues please open a new thread.

Josh B

0 Likes