Tech Support
Jay-Bee

I currently have a tech support company that troubleshhots my computer whenever I get popo ups that advise of viruses. I have had them for two and half yesars. THe service has been good, and they do not ever call me, I call the. Hoever, I have been receiving calls from a company witht he same name, but difeernt number claiming that I have ben hacked; of course I hang up. What I would like to know is, does Verizon provide these same tech support services ? 

I have become leary that these people might be working together. Some one out there, please advise...

Regards,

jay- bee

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tech Support
jonjones1
Legend

Not taking away from my friend Toms reply. I would like to give you my take on it.

Certain websites that you visit give a service cookie or marker that redirects to a phony website where the pop ups will say you are infected with malware or a virus or ransom ware and it needs you to further click on a link to get a phone call or to you to call them.

IGNORE THESE CALLS OR URGES TO FALL FOR THIS SCAM

These parasites will frighten you into giving information and to pay them for something you never need or want. Hang up and turn your computer off and then do a cookie and cache clean on your browsers.

i highly doubt Verizon is working with these scumbags who are scammers. In fact the old variant was they claimed to be from Microsoft. They are not. And your phone numbers are obtained by auto dialing sequentially 3001,3002,3003 and so on. 

The scammers just get lucky sometimes. Don’t fall for it.

View solution in original post

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have been with this Company for years.

I highly recommend it.

Norton 360 is presently installed on all my PC's

https://us.norton.com/

jonjones1
Legend

Not taking away from my friend Toms reply. I would like to give you my take on it.

Certain websites that you visit give a service cookie or marker that redirects to a phony website where the pop ups will say you are infected with malware or a virus or ransom ware and it needs you to further click on a link to get a phone call or to you to call them.

IGNORE THESE CALLS OR URGES TO FALL FOR THIS SCAM

These parasites will frighten you into giving information and to pay them for something you never need or want. Hang up and turn your computer off and then do a cookie and cache clean on your browsers.

i highly doubt Verizon is working with these scumbags who are scammers. In fact the old variant was they claimed to be from Microsoft. They are not. And your phone numbers are obtained by auto dialing sequentially 3001,3002,3003 and so on. 

The scammers just get lucky sometimes. Don’t fall for it.