Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

And remotes with voice control. Lol

0 Likes
Re: Technical Question
Cbartho
Enthusiast - Level 3

eh, voice control is overkill and can be iffy with access, adds more room for technical error and trouble calls, etc. I think that goes along with RF remotes and wireless boxes, simplicity is key and also decreases the amount of support and issues stemming from the system

0 Likes
Cbartho
Enthusiast - Level 3

but you have actually seen the FNA/FNEs work via secondary source routers? Because I'm using a combo of the google wifi mesh system and a nighthawk router on my current system to get coverage through all 3 floors of this house and if i put the first google router in line with the ont via cat5e, that feeding the FNA, one of the FNA eth ports feeding my nighthawk (DHCP off of course) and the coax off the FNA feeding directly down to the first floor/basement to the FNE to receive the full bonded 2.0 gig speed internet off the FNE. That should IN THEORY work right?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looking at the installation guide, shows fna needs to talk to upstream router via moca.

Are you trying to to run two fnas back to back? If that is what you are doing, then router type doesn't matter. Connecting via Ethernet on either end is device independent.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. I use an FNA to create my moca network for my VMS since I don't use the G1100. I was also using an FNE for an extender but since moved on to a Ubiquiti wireless access point. 

0 Likes