Technician was late and then canceled, 2 months now without internet
Zitrog

So I just moved apartments and instantly signed up for Verizon and scheduled an install. Right off the bat when I tried to schedule an appointment the website kicked me off and then the appointment date got pushed back another week. This would mean I’d get internet in my apartment two weeks after move in but since of work and school needing wifi I cannot stay there. 

The day of install comes and I got to my apartment, which is out of state for me, and wait for my technician to show up in the 10am-12pm window. I’m checking the app all say and it says someone is assigned and I will get a notification when they are on there way. At 11:30am, I am notified that my technician Juan was on their way. Then around 12pm it lets me know that he is delayed but they are expediting his rout to my apartment. Then at 12:30pm I check the app to see where he is and now it says delayed you must reschedule. 

I instantly messaged tech support and was messaging Priya who was very helpful and trying to get a technician over to me by end of day. Then once again the Verizon website kicked me off and I lost the chat with Priya. Next we called customer support and was met with indifference and being placed in hold for over 40 minutes while the supervisor tries to see when this could be rescheduled to a date over two weeks away. We ended up having to hang up since it seems like the reps forgot about our call. 

I had to check the website to see what the next available date for install was since I cannot take off work and at this point it was over two weeks away. I also dm Fios support on Twitter explaining this ridiculous situation and how frustrated I am abd all I got as a response was “I understand “ then the dm disconnected and I have had no follow up. 

I am now going to be two months with out wifi and am unable to even stay at my new apartment for two months since I cannot get work done there. Also I’m worried that when my new install dat comes over that this whole situation will just repeat. 

Is there anyway to ensure that I get my install or even get an earlier install date since I was completely screwed over? This really hurts I’ve always had great experiences with Verizon and was so excited to set up my apartment but this has really left a bad taste in my mouth. 

0 Likes
Re: Technician was late and then canceled, 2 months now without internet
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Zitrog,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes