Fios speed test on 50/50mbps service
Jung4

While I have been using optimum wifie service for over 11yrs I was continuesly getting offers from verizon in the mail offering me a fastest internet serive with great price.With all the advertisement, Fios seem to be #1 internet service which turned out it is NOT TRUE!!!!!!

It was the biggest mistake  when I decided to take the offer and switch to verizon. At first it seem the Internet was fast and I was happy but as the time passed  the Internet service was keep on getting disconnected and not able to reconnect unless I reboot the router. Two nights ago we actually lost the connection for 10minutes not only that I can't browse on my Internet because it is so slow keep losing my patience I meant to call the customer service but we all know how much time I have to put into waiting to get connected to the right department. Last night the Internet was so slow I run the speed test and it was 10 to 11 MB per second I am paying for the 50/50mbps and I am only getting 1/5 of what I'm paying which is ridiculous.

I called the customer service and the agent is telling me that Internet speed and connection is NOT GUARANTEED!! 

it's only guaranteed up to 90% with ethernet connection. WHAT????????? are you kidding me? he said if we are using Wi-Fi through router connection nor speed is not guaranteed. So who will choose Verizon if this was written on their advertisement? I only see #1 speed Internet in bold letters in the advertisement. oh yeah it's written in terms and conditions page and who reads that?? I am sure they won't read  it for themselves if it wasn't for the job.  He never said "Sorry"  that I'm not happy with their service during the whole conversation. I was getting upset and I asked to talk to the supervisor and guess what?? it took 50 minutes to get connected. YES, 50 minutes!!! today's a Saturday and I wasted my valuable time of 1 1/2 hour on the phone going through three departments. 

The technician I spoke to told me about a connection is actually really slow which it shouldn't be. Also there is an actual outage in my area and that's why I lost the connection completely for awhile recently. so here is what I got… Bad internet service, rude customer service, and 1 1/2hour of my valueble saturday afternoon!!! I Guess I will need to contact the optimum wifi if they can offer me early termination fee to switch back to them. 

Verizon SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I am going to advise all my friends and family NOT to use Verizon. I am sure they already know about the bad customer service by now...

0 Likes
Re: Fios speed test on 50/50mbps service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes