Terrible wireless speeds
Antoin

I use Verizon FiOS. I had the 75 Mbps  plan. I got the 75 Mbps wirelessly and when connected directly to the router I would get 80+   Verizon had a deal where I upgraded to 150 Mbps.  They replaced my netgear extender  with  the Verizon extender. 

I  now get less then  30Mbps  on my  2.4 GHz band and 20Mbps on my 5 GHz -- even

when  in the same  room as the router.   Changing router channels didn't make any difference.

When connected directly to the router I do receive the 150 Mbps, which Verizon says  it's my Wi-Fi that's the issue and therefore not their problem.    Verizon did send me a new router, but  it didn't  resolve the problem. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
Re: Terrible wireless speeds
jonjones1
Legend

An extender under wifi conditions at best can achieve half the speed of a direct ethernet connection to the router.

you must also take into consideration the devices them selves which hinder the signal to the devices over wifi. If you are on 150/150 around 75 on wifi is possible but again it depends on the signal strength and any obstructions, walls, overlapping wifi signals, other devices on at the same time. So it may be your wifi.

if you are getting the advertised speeds on direct connection to your router, that is all Verizon Fios will accept.

Now you mentioned extenders. Verizon extenders? They are normally plug and play and instant setup with a Verizon Fios router. Could be a bad extender or you might want to access the IP address and enter the login and password on the device and change the SSID to a name of your own making. This way here you will know you are using the extender versus the original wifi from the router.

just a thought.

0 Likes