The Search Box Atop Most Verizon Web Pages
MansMan

Can someone tell me how to delete "my recent searches" that appear every time I start typing a new search AND EVEN WORSE that show up when I use the directional arrow to move down the page.  The cursor automatically starts in the search box and unless you tap out of the box this happens.  I'm afraid to let anyone (my siblings) use my computer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The Search Box Atop Most Verizon Web Pages
prisaz
Legend

@MansMan wrote:

Can someone tell me how to delete "my recent searches" that appear every time I start typing a new search AND EVEN WORSE that show up when I use the directional arrow to move down the page.  The cursor automatically starts in the search box and unless you tap out of the box this happens.  I'm afraid to let anyone (my siblings) use my computer.

With Firefox browser it is under tools/options/privacy/Clear history when firefox closes.

IE: 8. It is under Tools/Internet Options/General On the first page under options there is a check box delete browsing history on exit.

On both browsers there are setting to fine tune this.

In Windows vista you can right click the start menu and select properties and the most recent privacy settings can be found there. These settings can also be used to clear cookies which may be allowing the web pages to track your most recent searches.

Now if you are using something else we would need more details.

If you are not the administrator on the machine, you may not be able to change these settings.

View solution in original post

prisaz
Legend

@MansMan wrote:

With Firefox browser it is under tools/options/privacy/Clear history when firefox closes.

IE: 8. It is under Tools/Internet Options/General On the first page under options there is a check box delete browsing history on exit.

On both browsers there are setting to fine tune this.

In Windows vista you can right click the start menu and select properties and the most recent privacy settings can be found there. These settings can also be used to clear cookies which may be allowing the web pages to track your most recent searches.

Now if you are using something else we would need more details.

If you are not the administrator on the machine, you may not be able to change these settings.

MansMan

Thank You Very Much, who ever you are.  I knew that the prescribed procedure worked for IE8 but never considered it would work for the history on the Verizon page.

Again I say,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

James

0 Likes