Switch Account

The Wireless MAC Authentication link has disappeared...?

The Wireless MAC Authentication link has disappeared...?

SOLVED
Copper Contributor vii
Copper Contributor
Message 31 of 33
(790 Views)

Requiring customers to create an account at twitter in order to contact tech support - that's one of the funniest things I ever heard!

Copper Contributor vii
Copper Contributor
Message 32 of 33
(776 Views)

Hey guys,

Here is a workaround I just tried. It does not enable MAC filtering but at least all my devices are now connected to Wi-Fi. Unfortunately some of them connected to 2.4 GHz rather than 5 because with that feature enabled you can no longer to choose where to connect. I will probably use it until Verizon release an update with MAC filtering back or downgrade my firmware to the previous release (I created a ticket with their tech support though I doubt about them to move a finger in order to help customers.

So here is the workaround which worked for me (and not necessarily will work for you)))))

1. Open this page
Wireless Settings -> Advanced Security Settings -> Other Advanced Wireless Options
https://myfiosgateway.com/#/wireless/transmission

2. Click Yes if prompted

3. At the very top enable "Self-Organizing Network Enabled"

After applying the setting you will have single SSID for both 2.4 and 5 GHz and client should prefer 5 unless its signal is too weak. No configurable threshold at this point unfortunately.

Highlighted
Contributor JetFixxxer
Contributor
Message 33 of 33
(493 Views)

This is a huge CROCK!!!! Can't access my router even after a factory restore.   I get the {word filter avoidance} about back ceriticate.  Try to go to page anyway and I just loop back to the warning page.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.