This Verizon web interface is so, so quirky so as to be almost unusable.
wawa1
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
Re: This Verizon web interface is so, so quirky so as to be almost unusable.
wawa1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm trying now using a different web browser, Chrome. I'm beginning to think maybe the problem lies with Internet Explorer.

Previously I tried to reply to a message on this board. I was able to write in the subject line but was unable to get my cursor in the message body area using Internet Explorer. But I was able to using Chrome. The responsibility still lies with Verizon.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@wawa wrote:

I'm trying now using a different web browser, Chrome. I'm beginning to think maybe the problem lies with Internet Explorer.

Previously I tried to reply to a message on this board. I was able to write in the subject line but was unable to get my cursor in the message body area using Internet Explorer. But I was able to using Chrome. The responsibility still lies with Verizon.

FWIW, I use IE8 and have no trouble posting here.

edit:  So now that you can reply using Chrome, were you able to solve your wifi issue?

wawa1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your continued assistance. You asked if I have been able to resolve my problem. Well, sort of. I was finally able to get online on my wireless network but only after turning off network security. This should not be. I should be able to have a secured network that I can get online with. It's not a big deal to me right now, although I am unprotected. At some point I would like to know why having security prevents me from getting online wireless on my own wireless network.

Thanks again.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Ok.

As mentioned in your other thread, some users have found that deleting and re-intering their SSID and encryption password has fixed what sounds like the same problem you're having.

You might give that a try and see if you can still connect with encryption back on.

designdiva1

I so agree I HATE hate hate hate hate it!

adding a contact and all the info takes 3 times as long, what a headache

0 Likes
designdiva1

I use Firefox on a Mac and still hate this new e-mail system

0 Likes
popclark
Enthusiast - Level 1

My router is protected so others on the street nearby cannot use my connection HOWEVER I still get this when on the verizon site > >  www.verizon.com/foryourhome/myaccount/unprotected/usermanagement/login/login.aspx

In addition to it saying unprotected above ^ ^ - I also regularly get bumped out of my e:mail at yahoo with a code 999, but it does not happen with other e:mails that I have.  I guess Verizon just does not like yahoo or the other way around.

Any suggestions on the 2 problems I have listed?  The tech support at Verizon is ZIP, ZILCH, NADA and gooseEgg.