Switch Account

Time capsule with Fios

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Time capsule with Fios

Message 1 of 2
(4,358 Views)

I use Verizon Fios for everything in my house.  I have been trying to install Apple Time Capsule and keep running into walls.  I go back and forth between Verizon and Apple help/support.  So frustrated.  Everyone tells me something different.  Bridge this/bridge that.  Can't be done, etc.  The last word I got was that because my tv is also connected that Verizon router can't be bridged.  So frustrated.  I think I said that.  Anyone have a suggestion?

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Time capsule with Fios

Message 2 of 2
(4,338 Views)

Turn off wireless on the Verizon router.  Leave it supplying DHCP and don't mess with anything else.

Set Airport / Time Capsule in "bridge" mode and assign it a static IP on the 192.168.1.x  network (I suggest 192.168.1.254)

Turn off DHCP on the Airport (let verizon router supply it)

Configure Airport to be a wireless access point as well and apply security to the wireless

Connect WAN port of the Airport to one of the open LAN ports on the Verizon router.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.