Tired of Verizon
serranot
Enthusiast - Level 2

The product is excellent--when Verizon is not denying access to the streaming services.

OPEN THE PIPELINE!  OR ADD PIPELINES!  I AM PAYING YOU FOR DELIVERING WHATEVER I WANT, WHEN I WANT AT THE SPEED I PAID.  DENYING NETFLIX OR AMAZON IN THE HOPE YOU CAN EXTORT MONEY FROM THEM IS **bleep**.

This is ridiculous.  I pay for water by the quantity, not the speed you can deliver it.  You chose, speed, not quantity.  So stop denying those who deliver quantity.

Thank God for the vote to enforce net neutrality.  It will force these **bleep** to deliver what they promised to deliver.

0 Likes
Re: Tired of Verizon
ike71
Contributor - Level 1

Yes......Big Government and Higher Taxes/Fees is the Solution.......just like with ObamaCare.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why should Verizon pay extra to deliver content from Netflix (for example).

Content providers get paid directly, but don't have to share any of it with ISPs.

Would be like if you paid a TV channel directly for their service and got it over your cable without having to pay Verizon any extra.

serranot
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am paying Verizon already. They agreed to provide whatever content I want at the speed they agreed to. So, why are they entitled to extra money?

If they balk at the quantity of the data, they should charge for the amount of data rather than speed. Either way, it's ridiculous to say to me we'll deliver as much data as you can consume at a particular speed and then choke the supply pipeline.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The speed the agree too (and al providers are the same) is only for the connection tho their network.

They can't control what happens outside of their network.

Suppose the webserver you are connecting to only has a 10Mb connection?

How could Verizon guarantee that you could get a download of 50Mb in that situation.

That is why Verizon will react faster if you show that speedtest.verizon.net doesn't meet the

specified speed you are paying for as that stays within their network.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
serranot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure Amazon, Netflix, HBOGO, etc etc are streaming plenty fast.  That is a misleading answer.  If I was streaming from Joe Bag'O'Donuts's server, that might be a decent answer.

Go back to your Verizon helpdesk job.  It's clear who you work for and where your loyalties lie.

0 Likes
serranot
Enthusiast - Level 2
@ike71 wrote:

Yes......Big Government and Higher Taxes/Fees is the Solution.......just like with ObamaCare.

It *is* totally the answer if I didn't have health care *or* if I paid for a service that my ISP didn't deliver and then pointed somewhere else with a sheepish grin.

0 Likes