Tojan-Proxy.Win32.Fackemo.v
BritInAshburn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone have problems with Verizon Internet Security Center detecting and deleting "Tojan-Proxy.Win32.Fackemo.v "

I see this repeatedly in the VISS Antivirus log ............. not sure why VISS is just deleting and not completly removing.

0 Likes
Re: Tojan-Proxy.Win32.Fackemo.v
i_like_turtles
Contributor - Level 1

there is no such thing as perfect virus protection

you may have to do a google for that to find out how to manually remove it

0 Likes
dshellysrc

My neighbor is having the same issue starting within the last 2 weeks...Can we get Verizon to weigh in on this question?    If the pc is infected, this is Verizon's problem.  None of my 10+ Norton protected machines have this issue.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can download combofix first to remove most the virus from bleepingcomputer.com then go download malwarebytes from softpedia.com or cnet.com . After that you can use superantispyware to clean up the rest and protect your computer in the future by using better protection than you have now such as avira with online armor or outpost firewall or a paid suite such as Kaspersky.

How is it Verizon's problem?

It is your computer/network, and you are responsible for the state of your computer/network - period.

0 Likes
ugadawg57

I have used fios since 2005 and every time I install  V-internet security it gets infected.I use a 64 bit for speeds.Also can't use speed optimizer with 64. So I installed McAfee and have had zero problems. Maybe this could help solve your problem.

0 Likes