Total Mishandling of Instalation
johnkelly177

I first want top start off that we have been a FIOS customer since 2009. Recently we have moved and were able to have FIOS moved to our new address. We had sopme issues with closing on our home and had to delay installation of our serrvice. We were to have servie installed on July 9th, but we could not do it. I was told we were able to hold the order and when we were able to set up a new date we can call and have that handled. When we were able to install service, I called with my order number {edited for privacy}. I was told the order was cancelled by Verizon because the hold on the order was over 30 days. I was never informed that we needed to contact Verizon within 30 days.

We have had to place a new order for service. At that time I told customer service that we had the equipment of the Wireless Rotuer and the DVR settop box. I also requested another box for another room at time of order. Also i was told we would be able to keep our old phone number.

When the day of isntallation came the technicain was over 2 and 1/2 hours late and he did not have all the equipment needed, they did nto have the battery for the backup system.

Everything seemed to be working fine until i tried to put an On Demand show for my daughter and was told that I did not have sufficent credit for a FREE on demand program.

After calling customer service they told me that I had a different phone number now, which was not given to me at time of order or at installation. Also they could not find record of me having the DVR settop box. I was given the run around to three different departments to check why i could nto watch a simple On demand show.

The whol process is a total nightmare and was poorly handled because of poor communication. I want this rectified ASAP.

0 Likes
Re: Total Mishandling of Instalation
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi johnkelly177,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Total Mishandling of Instalation
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to no repsonse, we are closing your private support case. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes