Trace Route / Ping Issues
Zippster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to find a way to contact "real" tech at Verizon Fios or submit a trouble ticket even.  I have had the Fios internet a few years now and had no issues.  I have a dedicated gaming server box in Dallas texas for a group of ours and my ping from here in NY has always been a respectable 60 ish, for the past month now though it is always 150-200+ making playing there pretty much useless.

I ran tracerts and disussed them in detail with the datacenter techs who agreed the issue is not on their end but instead Verizons.

Any info on who to contact to get this resolved would be appreciated, I just dont feel like dealing with "techs" who go by a script and want me to reboot computers / routers etc when this issue is clearly not mine.

Thanks

Re: Trace Route / Ping Issues
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why don't you post the supporting documentation here and let the community suggest what they think might be wrong.  You can scrub the ip address of your public facing interface and that of your server but don't remove any of the result data.   

Hubrisnxs
Legend

www.twitter.com/verizonsupport

try sending your traceroutes to them.  Make sure to follow first, and then dm them, so they can send you a secure form, and then give them the info on the secure form. 

I agree, you should probably let us take a look at the traceroutes as well.   but if you want to try to bypass and jump ahead of the line, then do the twitter support.   

Zippster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply guys, I certainly dont want to seem I dont appreciate the input but I didnt post the tracerts just because I know for fact after myself and the techs at the datacenter analyzed them that we have the issue clearly.

I dont have one of my tracerts from home to server handy but here is the trouble spot on the reverse from Server to me.

5. 0.ae11.BR2.DFW13.ALTER.NET 0.0% 7 1.2 4.6 0.6 27.0 9.9
6. 0.ae2.DFW01-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net 0.0% 7 95.0 94.8 85.8 115.0 9.4
7. P12-0-0.BFLONY-LCR-01.verizon-gni.net 0.0% 7 149.7 146.9 140.6 149.7 3.0

You can see at hop 5 its nice low ping, then hits Verizons dallas hop and spikes to 95+, next hop is up in my WNY area and then elevates even higher.

Never used twitter, just not my cup of tea but will give it a shot, understand the follow part but what is the "dm them so they can send you a secure form"  ?

Thanks

Zippster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got the Direct Message part figured out and am in contact with them now via twitter, thanks.