Tree branches on service lines
Deelah

My Fios service lines are being pressed on by a neighbor's overgrown tree from across a driveway between our houses.  Does Verizon offer tree trimming to keep my service active?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tree branches on service lines
jonjones1
Legend

You have a right to cut any portion that encroaches on your property line.

i have a neighbor that has a tree causing some distress to our fios, electrical and cable lines. I confronted the owner next door and warned him if the tree is not trimmed as to not cause us any distress.

however i used a chain saw and hacked the branch off at his tree. So problem solved for now. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Deelah wrote:

My Fios service lines are being pressed on by a neighbor's overgrown tree from across a driveway between our houses.  Does Verizon offer tree trimming to keep my service active?

No. If a tree breaks the line, Verizon will come out and replace it with a new one. The tree trimming is the homeowner’s responsibility. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You have a right to cut any portion that encroaches on your property line.

i have a neighbor that has a tree causing some distress to our fios, electrical and cable lines. I confronted the owner next door and warned him if the tree is not trimmed as to not cause us any distress.

however i used a chain saw and hacked the branch off at his tree. So problem solved for now. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.