Switch Account

Tree branches on service lines

Tree branches on service lines

Contributor Deelah
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(578 Views)

My Fios service lines are being pressed on by a neighbor's overgrown tree from across a driveway between our houses.  Does Verizon offer tree trimming to keep my service active?

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 3
(569 Views)

@Deelah wrote:

My Fios service lines are being pressed on by a neighbor's overgrown tree from across a driveway between our houses.  Does Verizon offer tree trimming to keep my service active?

No. If a tree breaks the line, Verizon will come out and replace it with a new one. The tree trimming is the homeowner’s responsibility. 

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 3
(511 Views)

You have a right to cut any portion that encroaches on your property line.

i have a neighbor that has a tree causing some distress to our fios, electrical and cable lines. I confronted the owner next door and warned him if the tree is not trimmed as to not cause us any distress.

however i used a chain saw and hacked the branch off at his tree. So problem solved for now. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.