Trouble Connecting Shoretel IP Phone to home FIOS
jbbill

This is a work phone and has connected with no problem through TW at other locations.

Have 150/150 service. Have tried changing IP to the .2 range. Also have entered router and turned on VIOP services in the Firewall Section. Any suggestions?

My work and Verizon can't seem to figure it out for two days now.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Trouble Connecting Shoretel IP Phone to home FIOS
jonjones1
Legend

@jbbill wrote:

This is a work phone and has connected with no problem through TW at other locations.

Have 150/150 service. Have tried changing IP to the .2 range. Also have entered router and turned on VIOP services in the Firewall Section. Any suggestions?

My work and Verizon can't seem to figure it out for two days now.

Thanks!

I am not familiar with this VoIP service. However the norm is to connect the VoIP adapter via ethernet cable to the available LAN port on the router, then connect the power to a wall outlet, after the adapter boots up and finds an available IP address which is assigned via the router, you then need only connect your home/work phone which can be wireless or direct dial to the port on the adapter listed usually as phone 1 or phone 2 

i use a different provider but that is how it connects.

if the adapter has been used previously it is advisable to reset the adapter prior to using on a different internet provider.

i found this web site which may also assist.

https://support.shoretel.com/?__utma=152168315.608369307.1502993542.1502993542.1502993542.1&__utmb=1...

Good Luck

0 Likes
jbbill

Thanks Jon,

I gave it a shot, but same thing. The phone is picking up the IP address and goes through it's initial start up but gets stuck at Opening SSL Connection for a minute, then says SSL Connection failed.

Again, I really appreciate the help. Thanks!

0 Likes
byknbobby

I know this is far late but incase you havent figured it out, put the IP address you assign the phone into a /DMZ.  This will keep the routers voice appliaion rules from interferring with your phone.  Another but not recommended (unless you have sone one knowldgeable configuring this for you) is to modify the routers firewall rules.

0 Likes