Switch Account

Trouble accessing game site with firewall enabled

Trouble accessing game site with firewall enabled

Contributor banjoqueen
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(3,910 Views)

I had FIOS installed today, and then activated the security suite.  I play an online MMOPRG and with the Verizon Security firewall in place I cannot access gameplay.  I need to have two programs (client and launcer) ok'ed by the firewall, but the firewall is only enabling one of them. 

How do I add the other program so I can play with the firewall intact?  Thanks for replies.  (I am not technologically proficient, so step-by-step directions would be greatly appreciated.)

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 2
(3,890 Views)
Please make sure that the firewall built into the OS is turned off (XP or Vista).

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.