Trouble keeping connection on wireless printer
maier748

I just purchased a HP wireless all in one printer/scanner.  I have it connected to the network, but the router cannot find the printer after it goes to power saver.  I have to reset the wireless connection every time I wish to print.  I have an actiontec m1424wk router and I run a mac powerbook.  The computer connection is fine, but the printer is giving me fits.

I appreciate any and all ideas.

0 Likes
Re: Trouble keeping connection on wireless printer
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@maier748 wrote:

I just purchased a HP wireless all in one printer/scanner.  I have it connected to the network, but the router cannot find the printer after it goes to power saver.  I have to reset the wireless connection every time I wish to print.  I have an actiontec m1424wk router and I run a mac powerbook.  The computer connection is fine, but the printer is giving me fits.

I appreciate any and all ideas.

Which printer is it?

You need to enable Wake On Lan (WOL) support if it has it.  Alternatively you may have to disable power save mode.

0 Likes
maier748

Thank you for your reply.  The printer in question is the Hp 6500 wireless ALL IN ONE.  I subscribe to Fios, and I am beginning to think it may be the router.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Many reports of similar issues with HP printers.  General consensus on a fix appears to be to assign the printer a ststic IP address.  Make sure the static address is not in the router assigned dhcp range.

MamaZappa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. Static IP hasn't solved it, and the HP6500 doesn't appear to have a way to disable power save mode nor a Wake On LAN feature. Appears to be a very badly designed product from HP.

0 Likes