Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Trouble reaching websites

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Trouble reaching websites

Message 11 of 13
(134 Views)

The "first part" just explains that you can configure static DNS servers at both the host and the router level.

The router does have a firewall. It is a kind of primitive one though. It only blocks all inbound traffic (except ICMP Ping Echo) by default. Enterprise-grade security routers support more firewall features. This being said, I doubt the firewall at the router is causing the issue. You mentioned that you do have anti-malware software running on your device. I am wondering whether the anti-malware is blocking your connection. Can you disable the anti-malware temporarily and test those websites again?

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 12 of 13
(128 Views)

I already tried turning off my Norton Firewall and that didn't fix the problem.  Is there something else I should have done?  

thanks.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 13 of 13
(487 Views)

Hi.  I wanted to follow up to say that I am now able to log on again on my laptop and tablet.  I guess the problem was on the website site despite what I was told.  Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.