Switch Account

Trouble registering for Verizon Wi-fi

Trouble registering for Verizon Wi-fi

Contributor harveyb1
Contributor
Message 1 of 8
(950 Views)

I am having a problem refistering for Verizon Wi-fi.  When I enter a user name (harveyb100), I get a message that states "user name contrains 1 or more invalid characters"  I have used different combinations of letters and numbers and keep getting the same message.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 8
(886 Views)

@harveyb1 wrote:

I am having a problem refistering for Verizon Wi-fi.  When I enter a user name (harveyb100), I get a message that states "user name contrains 1 or more invalid characters"  I have used different combinations of letters and numbers and keep getting the same message.

Try the Verizon In-Home agent.  Smiley Wink

Good luck!

Contributor harveyb1
Contributor
Message 3 of 8
(875 Views)

Thanks for your help, but I could not any place in the in home agent to register Verizon wi-fi.

Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 4 of 8
(843 Views)

It is of course not part of In Home Agent.

Not sure what is wrong with your id which seems to pass the rules listed.

• Contain 6-30 characters
  • Should start with a letter
  • Can only have letters, numbers, two periods (.) or underscores (_), and one hyphen (-)
  • Not end with a special character
  • Not have consecutive special characters

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 5 of 8
(829 Views)

Are you registering from a device or program that auto-corrects or auto-completes what you type in? A lot of programs tend to insert blank spaces at the end of a name. Perhaps the registration page is complaining about that if it's not sanitizing the input. The other that comes into mind if you're registering from a web browser is the character set of the page, if it's not being set right. In most cases Auto Detect should do the job.

Just a thought.

Gold Contributor II
Message 6 of 8
(824 Views)

Note just tried register with my florida idusing my desktop (current have NY id on my laptop).  Looks to be broken.

Gold Contributor II
Message 7 of 8
(819 Views)

@Smith6612 wrote:

Are you registering from a device or program that auto-corrects or auto-completes what you type in? A lot of programs tend to insert blank spaces at the end of a name. Perhaps the registration page is complaining about that if it's not sanitizing the input. The other that comes into mind if you're registering from a web browser is the character set of the page, if it's not being set right. In most cases Auto Detect should do the job.

Just a thought.

YOu register from the verizon tool that downloads when you select the wifi product.  Note before clicking next to continue it is doing a validatation and giving you little verifcations against its rules (red and green indicators)  Still fails afterwards.  I am thinking it doesn't work with the latest IE which I think it uses under the cover.

Contributor harveyb1
Contributor
Message 8 of 8
(814 Views)

Thanks for all of your replies.  I appreciate your time.  I was given a # by on line chat:  800-256-4646.  Hopefully, they can resolve.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.