Trouble streaming video and absolutely *horrible* customer service
warder1

I really hope that I can get a resolution through this medium. I'm new to Verizon and two months ago I purchased the ExtremeHD and FIOS 75/25 internet. Since I starting receiving this service I have had a lot of trouble streaming video on my TV and laptop. YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, etc. I understand YouTube has had issues in the past, but when all of the video services are having the *exact* same problem then it is probabl the service I am paying for. The video will load for 2 or 3 seconds, then stall, and stop loading the video. Even the device for my TV is sitting right next the router Verizon provided for me (dual band), and it still has issues.

After waiting 30 minutes on hold I had a tech support agent. After explaining my situation....actually....I couldn't fully explain my situation. He constantly kept interrupting me. It took me several attempts to get my full story told to him. After 3 seconds of talking he would just interrupt me. He was trying to convince me that as long as I was receiving a wireless signal, then I was getting the service I paid for. It didn't matter whether or not that wireless signal did anything. I even tried defending the service by telling him that the speed tests showed my proper upload/download speeds, BUT for some reason streaming wasn't working properly. He then assumed I had 10 devices running and had all kinds of interference from the router. I told him I had ONE device on, and it was sitting right next to the router. I'm not an idiot. Something is wrong here and all I want is some tech support to fix the problem. Verizon doens't want to acknowledge there is a problem, or that it is THEIR problem.

I will wait a couple days to hear back from someone in Verizon and if I cannot have this problem resolved (and receive a service I am paying for) then I'll simply put in a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. They listen.  

0 Likes
Re: Trouble streaming video and absolutely *horrible* customer service
mark3021

You are not alone.  I have seen all the same symptoms you outline.  I was getting ready to call support but it does not sound like they are ackowledging the problem.

0 Likes
Re: Trouble streaming video and absolutely *horrible* customer service
harryliuusa

I feel helpless, can't even find a on line chat to talk about this issue. Where is the number I can dial to talk to a live person??

I will switch back to Cox!! Three years ago, I switched to FiOS from Cox hoping for faster speed and I did get it. Now I am switching back to Cox only because FiOS purposely mess up their speed. What a pathetic company!!

0 Likes