Trouble w/Boston verizon-gni --> alter.net --> google throughput -----NO HELP
unhappy12345
Enthusiast - Level 1
OK. I've tried the 'online chat' support route twice. The first time I was told that I could not be helped, and was given the email address of the standard customer support department. So I gather my logs and debug information, and do a writeup and send it to that address. They respond that they cannot help me, that I have to contact FiOS support. So I ask for their address. Verizon Customer Support actually said that the FiOS technical support representatives "Do not have an email address." This is absurd and insulting. I'm honestly expected to believe that. I should have cancelled right then. I give up for that day and try again just now through the 'online chat'. After providing detailed tracing and debugging information to try and figure out why plain http traffic is getting (I think limited) to ~100-300kbit to google's content delivery network, but unrecognizable encrypted traffic is getting nearly wire speed of my connection if I bypass the verizon-gni.net --> ALTER.NET links and take a route through a different backbone. No, I will not install some useless software that has who knows what on it that gets emailed to me. Not in a million years, I won't even run it in a VM. And I am definitely not going through "resetting my modem". I mean, honestly? Yeah. I'm very frustrated. Unless I can get someone who is actually technical support to look at the situation and determine why the download speed from specific networks only which are owned by google and supply mostly youtube streams from their content delivery network is, I am suspecting, throttled or given an unusably low QOS, then I'm gone, and so is anybody else that I ever meet that even considers verizon, for business or personal use, who places any value whatsoever in adequate support procedures. Yeah, another customer rant. Add them up, I'm sure you have quite a few, and for good reason. At this point I expect to be ignored or just read to from a standardized form. It's easy to alienate customers, but really, really hard to build a good reputation. Way to go.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble w/Boston verizon-gni --> alter.net --> google throughput -----NO HELP
unhappy12345
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you for the response; engineer assisted and provided valuable feedback. I just needed to communicate with an actual person, the answer was straightforward (neither verizon nor I). regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Trouble w/Boston verizon-gni --> alter.net --> google throughput -----NO HELP
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi unhappy12345,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

unhappy12345
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you for the response; engineer assisted and provided valuable feedback. I just needed to communicate with an actual person, the answer was straightforward (neither verizon nor I). regards
0 Likes
dapony
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did they give you a work around cause I had comcast on the phone today because of this same issue???? I am so done with the youtube issue and FIOS it's not even funny.

0 Likes