Troubleshooting fios internet issues and scheduling appointment with technician
qstorm15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called on Wednesday to report an issue with my Fios Internet. After 40 minutes of troubleshooting, most of which consisted of doing the same thing many times and expecting a different result, the agent agreed to send out a techinician. As we were scheduling I asked her how late I could schedule an appointment and she told me I could schedule up to 9 PM. So I scheduled for Thursday at 7 PM. The next morning, as I was just getting to work, I got a text message saying that the technician would be there between 11:15 AM and 12:15 PM. So I called back (and went through all of the automated steps to get to an agent). Once the agent was on the phone, he apologized and assured me that my appointment was indeed 7 PM. Later that afternoon I returned from a meeting to see a voice mail on my phone. When I called it was the dispatcher who informed me that they didn't schedule to start jobs at 7 PM. I again called the customer service number back to possibly leave work early and schedule for 5 PM. When I finally got to an agent, she was extremely rude and informed me that the latest time window was 1-5 PM. She cut me off several times during the conversation and when I asked why I was allowed to schedule for a time when the techs didn't work, she just said "I don't know, they were wrong". Anyway, so I decide to take Friday off and stay home as I was able to schedule the tech for 11 AM - 2 PM. I got a text message saying the tech would be there between 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM. The time window came and went and by 2:30 PM I was again on the phone with customer service (after attempting to use the chat help and getting disconnected). He informs me that the technicians were running very late on some jobs so they would not be able to get to me. He assured me that they could come on Saturday morning. About an hour after the reschedule, the dispatch tech calls and tells me that they can't come past 6 PM which is when I said I would be available (um no, my slot was 11 AM - 2 PM). I then had to inform her that I was notified they were going to be there between 12:30 and 1:30, and that my request for 6 PM was for the previous day. She again told me they didn't schedule that late (so why did the customer service rep schedule it for that time & a 2nd customer service rep assured me of my time on Thursday?). After speaking with her, she promised to make my ticket a priority job and that the time slot was 10 AM - 2 PM Saturday. At 1:30 PM on Saturday, no tech yet and no text with an estimated time so I thought I would call. Good thing I did. The tech was on a job and had 2 other scheduled jobs before mine. The customer service rep did have the tech bump me up to the next job, but if I hadn't called who knows what time he would've been here.

It is crazy to me that it took that many phone calls and follow ups just to get a tech out. I took an unnecessary day off work and wasted a good portion of 2 days in my house waiting. It doesn't make sense that for a company as large as Verizon scheduling should be so difficult. Some of the customer service reps were nice and offered apologies, but no one was able to explain why the issues happened in the first place. To me, the hours that the techs actually work should be a pretty basic thing, and the reps should have a way to verify the hours before scheduling a tech.

I will say that the tech that came out was very apologetic and did a great job fixing my issue. I would've been extremely happy if he could have showed up at my first scheduled appointment instead of the third.