Trying to config a Dlink 655 router with a ActionTec
red

Hello-

I have the FIOS Triple Play Internet/TV/Phone). I desperately want to upgrade to Wireless N and run 1GB hard wired connections to my internal network. Is there any way to do this? It seems that I am stuck using the ActionTec router supplied by Verizon, does anyone know of verizon coming out with a router that will support both 1GB and Wireless N? Sounds to good to be true! Unfrotunately one thing is is stopping me from installing the Dlink 655 is that I have coax cable coming in from the outside box supplied by Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to config a Dlink 655 router with a ActionTec
aaronwt

I use a Dlink DGL4500 with my Actiontec. It is basically the same a a DIR-655.

I have the WAN port of my DLINK connected to the Actiontec. Then I set up a DMZ in the Actiontec for my DLINK router. The Actiontec assigned 192.168.1.2 for my Dlink so I assigned that IP address to the DMZ. Then the Dlink has full access to the internet without the Actiontec interfering. And you just use the DLink like you normally would. I have my wireless turned off in my Actiontec and only use my Dlink for wireless N and G. And my 36+ devices are all connected through my Dlink on my home network. Of course the FIOS STB still gets it's info from the Actiontec over MoCA. But I have been using my Actiontec this way for over 13 months now. First with A Dlink DGL4300 and now with my Dlink 4500.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to config a Dlink 655 router with a ActionTec
red

Hello Aaronwt-

Thanks for the advice I think I will give it go tomorrow night after work and see what happens!! 

0 Likes