Two E3200 Network Extenders?
WAWEE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a G3100 FiOS router and I have just added an E3200 wifi extender. I am disappointed in the results; I would like to have a greater range than this setup currently gives me. Two questions:

1. First, is it possible to have two E3200 wifi extenders on the same network with the G3100 router?

2. Second, if it is possible to have two E3200 wifi extenders on the same network, is it okay if one is connected by coax and the other is wireless?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Two E3200 Network Extenders?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes and yes. Wifi unfortunately can be affected by many factors. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes and yes. Wifi unfortunately can be affected by many factors. 

WAWEE
Enthusiast - Level 1

For record, I have now done this and yes, my wifi network works with one G3100 router and two E3200 wifi extenders. As mentioned in my original post, the two wifi extenders are connected in different ways; one is on a coax cable (which seems to be preferable) and the other is connected wirelessly (not as good but best I could do in this house).

I hope my experience is helpful to others.

dakmdt3

a follow up on this question.  I get that my home configuration can have more than one extender. 

My question is does the extender leverage the signal broadcast from the extender? Currently I only have one extender.  After much trial and error I realized it could only be placed on 2nd floor (router is on 1st floor) in a bedroom physically closest to the router - and I get solid white indicator.  If I place it where I want the second extender (farthest bedroom away) then I get a slow yellow blinking light (that is not good).

If I get another extender will it 'mesh' with the other extender? or does it have to connect to the router; 

Thx,

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dakmdt3 wrote:

a follow up on this question.  I get that my home configuration can have more than one extender. 

My question is does the extender leverage the signal broadcast from the extender? Currently I only have one extender.  After much trial and error I realized it could only be placed on 2nd floor (router is on 1st floor) in a bedroom physically closest to the router - and I get solid white indicator.  If I place it where I want the second extender (farthest bedroom away) then I get a slow yellow blinking light (that is not good).

If I get another extender will it 'mesh' with the other extender? or does it have to connect to the router; 

Thx,

No. They are mot mesh. The extenders communicate with only the router. Not each other. It’s always best to connect them with coax or ethernet.