Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Two Xboxes with Open NAT

mocajomiso
Contributor
Contributor

Two Xboxes with Open NAT

Message 1 of 4
(3,206 Views)

Hello.  I have FIOS with the MI424WR-GEN2 router.  I am trying to get both of my xboxes to be able to access Xbox Live with Open NAT but, so far, all I get is one with Open and one with Moderate.  I've set up Port Forwarding (with the appropriate Live ports) on one and DMZ on the other.  I've also tried using Port triggering rather than port forwarding.

Any suggestions?  I guess it's not too big of an issue as we probably won't always be playing online at the same time.  More than likely, one will be streaming Netflix while the other plays online. 

Anyway, I would appreciate any tips as I'd love to achieve "Open" for both xboxes at the same time.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Two Xboxes with Open NAT

Message 2 of 4
(3,072 Views)

I think I know an answer that will work.

#1 Stop forwarding / DMZ.

#2 Turn on UPnP in the router.

#3 Please report back the results.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

des79
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(637 Views)

how do you turn on upnp in router? should i turn off nat for better gameplay on xbox?

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(621 Views)

You do not want to shut off NAT. That will break your Internet connectivity. UPnP is turned on from within the Advanced section of your router. It's nothing more than a checkbox and save to enable it.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.