Two notifications: WPA2 and Service Renewal
vcomid

I recently got 2 online account notifications from Verizon that I should 1) upgrade to WPA2 encryption and 2) it was time to renew my service agreement.

1) when I set up WPA2 as directed in "help" on my M1424WR router and save it, I wait 30 seconds for it to take effect then go to view the settings it shows that there is no security selected (WEP, WPA, WPA2) on the router.  What's up with this?  Is it on or off?  I think it's on but why doesn't the setting show?

2) I last updated my service agreement only 9 months ago, why am I being asked now?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Two notifications: WPA2 and Service Renewal
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

@vcomid wrote:

I recently got 2 online account notifications from Verizon that I should 1) upgrade to WPA2 encryption and 2) it was time to renew my service agreement.

1) when I set up WPA2 as directed in "help" on my M1424WR router and save it, I wait 30 seconds for it to take effect then go to view the settings it shows that there is no security selected (WEP, WPA, WPA2) on the router.  What's up with this?  Is it on or off?  I think it's on but why doesn't the setting show?

2) I last updated my service agreement only 9 months ago, why am I being asked now?

Confusing isn't it?  but it really is on.

Basic shows you wep is turned off and advanced shows nothing.  However if you select wpa2 you'll see all your settings there.

Also if you select Wireless Status it should show which security you are using and the key.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They certainly have something off on the Service renewal.

I renewed a couple months back when they had a special offer.  Now, the anniversary of my previous plan, they keep pestering me that my service is expired and I need to renew.  Not worth my time trying to get them to correct it.

0 Likes
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

@vcomid wrote:

Confusing isn't it?  but it really is on.

Basic shows you wep is turned off and advanced shows nothing.  However if you select wpa2 you'll see all your settings there.

Also if you select Wireless Status it should show which security you are using and the key.

0 Likes
vcomid

Thanks - why don't they just clean up the code?

0 Likes
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

And get it to work.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vcomid wrote:

Thanks - why don't they just clean up the code?

As far as how it displays on the router pages, they have for newer version of their routers.

0 Likes