Switch Account

Two notifications: WPA2 and Service Renewal

Two notifications: WPA2 and Service Renewal

SOLVED
Contributor vcomid
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(417 Views)

I recently got 2 online account notifications from Verizon that I should 1) upgrade to WPA2 encryption and 2) it was time to renew my service agreement.

1) when I set up WPA2 as directed in "help" on my M1424WR router and save it, I wait 30 seconds for it to take effect then go to view the settings it shows that there is no security selected (WEP, WPA, WPA2) on the router.  What's up with this?  Is it on or off?  I think it's on but why doesn't the setting show?

2) I last updated my service agreement only 9 months ago, why am I being asked now?

5 REPLIES 5
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 6
(394 Views)

They certainly have something off on the Service renewal.

I renewed a couple months back when they had a special offer.  Now, the anniversary of my previous plan, they keep pestering me that my service is expired and I need to renew.  Not worth my time trying to get them to correct it.

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 3 of 6
(386 Views)

@vcomid wrote:

I recently got 2 online account notifications from Verizon that I should 1) upgrade to WPA2 encryption and 2) it was time to renew my service agreement.

1) when I set up WPA2 as directed in "help" on my M1424WR router and save it, I wait 30 seconds for it to take effect then go to view the settings it shows that there is no security selected (WEP, WPA, WPA2) on the router.  What's up with this?  Is it on or off?  I think it's on but why doesn't the setting show?

2) I last updated my service agreement only 9 months ago, why am I being asked now?

Confusing isn't it?  but it really is on.

Basic shows you wep is turned off and advanced shows nothing.  However if you select wpa2 you'll see all your settings there.

Also if you select Wireless Status it should show which security you are using and the key.

Contributor vcomid
Contributor
Message 4 of 6
(347 Views)

Thanks - why don't they just clean up the code?

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 5 of 6
(336 Views)

And get it to work.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 6 of 6
(320 Views)

@vcomid wrote:

Thanks - why don't they just clean up the code?

As far as how it displays on the router pages, they have for newer version of their routers.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.