SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPnP used to work on my network. It's no longer working. None of my UPnP clients can see my PC (which is a UPnP server). I'm suspecting a router issue. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: UPnP
SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Disabling IGMP fixed it.  Thanks.  Too bad Verizon's Live Chat couldn't fix it.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just reset the router using the Pinhole on the back to get it back to factory defaults. That will get the Wi-Fi back since it resets the router back to the state in which you received it originally. From there, you'll want to try enabling UPnP in the router, and then disabling the IGMP proxy within the router. A quick search of this forum should be able to find the links to get to those settings in the router, but if you could tell us the make and model, along with revision of your router that would be appreciated.

SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Disabling IGMP fixed it.  Thanks.  Too bad Verizon's Live Chat couldn't fix it.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome. Enjoy!

Also a fun fact: If you have an ActionTec MI424WR Rev. F or newer, make sure it's set for WPA2 encryption (though anything lesser I would set it to there anyways for security sake). You'll get some higher speeds on the Wi-Fi if it's currently set to WPA or WEP only.

SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I recently replaced my router and got the Rev F.  I changed the security to WPA2 and now I'm getting faster WiFi speeds too.  Thanks again!

Hammerhead641
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. None of my network devices see my NAS which is a UPnP:AV server. This had been working for the last 2 months and just stopped.

0 Likes